Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Choose Medicine

Hindsight is 20/20.

I should have gone into Medicine.

The doctors at my jobsite arrive at the same time I do each day.

I leave after them most days (I stalk their cars. hey, I'm curious)

We both have the lives of the patients on our minds, and on our insurance books.

We both have stressed-filled days.

Sure, they work with scalpels and I work my keyboard (which sends money to men to work a screwdriver).

Sure, they worked their way through an awfully hard curriculum and residency and fellowship.

Sure, they have eight or more years of dept from Medical school to pay off.

But at the end of the day, I am working the same hours, for a similar stress, for a 1/3 of the pay.

They get to save lives and have options for flexible work.

So, if I had to go back, I think I would have been a doctor.


Check out the oompa loompa (center of screen). Operating Room suite remodel is in planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment